In response to the violence and the human rights violations following the extraction of certain minerals from the "Conflict Region" located in the eastern part of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and the neighbouring countries, the Landirenzo Group is committed to supporting the humanitarian goal of ending the violent conflict in those areas.
The US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has issued a rule to implement the new detection and disclosure requirements relating to "Conflict Minerals" required by the 2010 "Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, Section 1502".
The term "conflict minerals" makes explicit reference to gold, tin, tantalum and tungsten.
Landirenzo Group is committed to:
- designing and developing products that do not contain "conflict minerals",
- avoiding the intentional supply of materials and components containing the specified metals sourced from mines and foundries in the "Conflict Region" that are not certified as "Conflict Free",
- ensuring compliance with the above requirements and asking its suppliers to set up a suitable evaluation process with their supply chain, in order to ensure that the specified metals are sourced exclusively from:
- mines and foundries outside the "Conflict Region",
- mines and foundries that have been certified "Conflict Free" by an independent notifying body, when located inside the "Conflict Region".
"LR" has implemented an internal procedure whereby suppliers must disclose, on submitting their PPAP documentation, whether the products they make or use for the production of parts sold to the Landirenzo Group contain "conflict minerals", by completing the Conflict Minerals Reporting Template drawn up by the "CFSI".
The goal is to ensure that the products and processes purchased make exclusive use of "Conflict Free" materials and parts.
Should minerals extracted or processed in facilities NOT considered "Conflict Free" be detected in any material, part or component purchased by the Landirenzo Group, appropriate measures will be taken in order to ensure the product sold is "Conflict Free".